The Samsung HW-Q60T is a 5.1-channel soundbar with a quality build and decent audio reproduction. This soundbar uses Samsung’s advanced Acoustic Beam technology to give you the best surround experience.
The HW Q60t soundbar also has the new Q-Symphony technology that synchronizes with Samsung QLED TV speakers to provide you with a fuller and more immersive sound experience. In this article, we have provided an extensive review to help you make an informed purchase.
Connecting The Soundbar
Setting up this soundbar does not come as a challenge, as very minimal wiring is required. To start it off, connect the power cord to the subwoofer. After which, connect the power output cable to the power adapter and the soundbar. When done, you can now connect the power cord to the socket. The soundbar connects automatically to the subwoofer when both are powered on.
What We Love About The Samsung HW-Q60t Soundbar?
- Bluetooth. With built-in Bluetooth, you can enjoy wireless music streaming from any compatible device.
- Acoustic Beam. The Acoustic beam technology projects the audio from the speakers and fill the room with clear, crisp, and powerful sound.
- Dedicated Center Channel. The center channel gives clear dialogue to whichever content you are listening to.
- Sturdy build. The soundbar system has a great build that gives it longevity.
- Wireless Subwoofer. The woofer connects to the soundbar wirelessly, and you can place it anywhere in the room.
- This Sound Bar doesn’t support Dolby Atmos for its object-based surround sound.
- The Dolby Digital Plus, which is a carrier signal for Dolby Atmos, is not supported.
- This system lacks low bass, and the content you are watching may have more thump than necessary.
- The only wireless playback feature is Bluetooth with no Wi-Fi connectivity.
Samsung hw q60t Design
The Samsung HW-Q60T bar is well-built with good-quality plastic. It comes in a metal casing and has a nice black finish to it. At 2.3″ H x 38.7″ W x 4.2″ D, this soundbar is unlikely to fit between the feet of TVs smaller than 55″ but can sit flash on the tabletop in front of the Tv. You can choose to mount the bar on the wall using the provided wall mount kit.
The included wireless subwoofer is mainly made of wood with fabric covering the speaker. The dimension of the woofer is 13.9″H x 7.9″W x 11.9″ D and can be placed anywhere in the room without the fuss of connecting wires.
The Samsung Q60t is an impressive soundbar designed to deliver an extensive range of audio experiences. Being a 5.1 channel system, this device has five speakers that comprise a subwoofer and the left, right, center, surround left, and surround right speakers. We were impressed by the dedicated center channel, which produced clear dialogue with no distortion.
This Soundbar has Acoustic Beam Technology designed to give you an immersive surround sound experience. Though, the surround experience did not feel as immersive as we expected it to be, which can be easily compensated for by the Wireless Surround Kit. The wireless rear speakers Kit (SWA 8500s) is bought separately and, when synced to your soundbar, the wireless surround speakers give you an unmatched true surround sound feel.
The soundbar samsung hw q60t supports DTS Virtual:X, which creates a 3D surround sound that takes your audio experience to a whole new level. Although we enjoyed the quality audio on this soundbar, we noted that the bass tends to be high. You can tweak it a little bit, but still, you won’t get the desired lower bass.
The Samsung Q60t Sound Bar has Standard, Surround Sound, Adaptive sound, DTS Virtual, and Game Pro mode to choose from for its sound effects.
- Adaptive Sound –This setting analyzes the content you are watching and automatically optimizes the audio in every scene to give you a more realistic experience.
- Standard Mode- This mode plays the original sound.
- Game Pro – This setting is optimized for games to immerse you in action with the gaming sound effects.
- DTS Virtual- With this mode, you get an immersive 3D sound effect to the content you are watching.
- Surround Sound- Get a more expansive sound field with this effect compared to the Standard mode.
The Hw Q60t Soundbar features a Full HDMI In port enabling, enabling high-quality audio formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS Digital to be used. It also has an HDMI ARC port which is compatible with any Samsung Tv and a couple of other Tv brands that support this input. This input enables you to control the functions of both the soundbar system and TV with only one remote.
The only wireless connection featured on this device is Bluetooth. It enables you to connect to your TV wirelessly without having to worry about cable connections. This Soundbar also features a USB port that you can use to play audio files. However, unlike its predecessor, the Samsung HW-Q60R, the Q60t lacks an audio jack; sharing your phone’s audio via the aux cable is impossible.
The remote control is pretty simple, and you can use it to control all the soundbar functions. You can also use your Samsung Tv’s One remote to control the audio settings and adjust the equalizer.
There is a pretty much small and simple screen on the soundbar that shows you the volume levels, settings, and input. It is not much to go by, but it serves its purpose.
There are times when you might lose the remote, but with the bar controls, you can easily control basic commands without needing the remote. You can switch the system on and off, adjust the volumes and change the inputs.
Samsung hw-q60t specs
- Channel Configuration – 5.1-Channel (Virtual Surround)
- Midrange Drivers – 3.35 x 1.57″ / 85 x 40 mm
- High-Frequency Drivers – 1.54″ / 39 mm Tweeter
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) – 10%
- Subwoofer connectivity– Wireless
- Inputs – HDMI – Audio/Video & Optical TOSLINK – Audio
- Outputs– HDMI – ARC/Audio/Video
- USB Ports – USB 2.0 (Audio, Service)
- Wireless Audio Protocols – Bluetooth
- Audio Format – DTS Digital Surround, DTS Virtual:X, Dolby Digital
- Wall mounting kit– Yes
Samsung Hw-Q60t Soundbar FAQs
Does the HW-Q60T have Dolby Atmos?
The Samsung HW-Q60T performs incredibly but it does not offer object-based support Dolby Atmos. Instead, recent updates from 2021 do offer Dolby Digital through the Full HMDI In port
Does Samsung HW-Q60T have WIFI?
The Samsung q60t soundbar supports Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth that allow for seamless wireless audio streaming.
How many watts is Samsung HW-Q60T?
The Samsung HW-Q60T is a powerful soundbar that provides 360W of sound output, ensuring an immersive listening experience with crisp, clear audio. Whether you’re watching a movie or listening to music, the HW-Q60T will deliver a cinematic experience that will take your entertainment to the next level.
Samsung hw-q60t Verdict
The Samsung Q60t Soundbar provides an excellent way to upgrade your home theater and enjoy movies with a more immersive experience than ever before. The sleek and minimalist design fits nicely into any living room decor. It provides top-of-the-line audio quality from Blu-ray discs to streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. For these reasons, we recommend this soundbar as one of our best picks for enhancing your TV audio.
Check the newer model of hw-q60t,
- Q-SYMPHONY: Amp up your audio with the greatest duo of all time—Samsung TVs paired with Samsung soundbars; With Q-Symphony, your TV speakers paired with Q-Series soundbars operate as one*
- 3.1 CH DOLBY ATMOS SOUND: When you make the jump to three channels, your audio comes alive; Experience captivating sound and hear more during your favorite shows, songs, and movies with 3.1ch Dolby Atmos sound
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy all your favorite video content with dynamically optimized audio and enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action-packed games and blockbuster films
- HDMI eARC: This single HDMI cable connection passes advanced audio like Dolby Atmos from your TV to your soundbar; One cable is all you need for a high-quality connection that won’t degrade your sound**
- GAME MODE: Optimize your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the onscreen action; Game Mode eliminates distractions so you can hear better and play harder***
- BLUETOOTH MULTI CONNECTION: No more unpairing as you trade off control; Connect two smart devices simultaneously and share the soundbar with ease****
- TAP SOUND: Around here, streaming music from your phone to your soundbar is simple as that; Just tap the soundbar with your phone and start listening; It’s mirroring that works like magic*****
- ONE REMOTE CONTROL: Keep your finger on the pulse; This do-it all remote controls both your Samsung TV and soundbar, helping you streamline your home entertainment setup
- WIRELESS SURROUND SOUND COMPATIBLE: Samsung has all the speakers you need to take your setup to the next level; When you want to go full wireless surround sound, this soundbar is ready; Connect easily and seamlessly to optional Samsung speakers******