The JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass (MK2) soundbar is a great starter audio option for those who want to take their home entertainment experience up a notch. This 2.1 soundbar comes with a 6.5″, 200W wireless sub-woofer and boasts a 300W total output of incredible JBL signature sound. Its deep bass reaches 40Hz, giving listeners a fantastic audio experience. It is great for movies, and its powerful sound can bring your music to life. The midrange is a little lacking when connected to a TV, but overall it is a great product.
What We Love
- 300W of total output guarantees powerful sound to fill your entire room.
- Enjoy a fully immersive sound experience with JBL Surround Sound; no extra wires or speakers are needed.
- Feel the bass with the 6.5″ wireless subwoofer that delivers deep and thrilling sound.
- Get the full cinematic experience with built-in Dolby Digital.
- Stream music from your mobile or tablet with Bluetooth 4.2 and SBC codec.
- Two HDMI ports for added flexibility – connect your set-top-box, DVD, games console etc.
- Low, Mid, and High settings for the sub-woofer to suit your sound preferences.
- Smart Mode applies sound settings to different audio content.
- No eq and audio calibration
- There is no App.
- No surround or Virtual:X processing
- Sparse sound controls
At first glance, the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass (MK2) looks almost identical to its predecessor (the 2019 JBL Bar 2.1 DB MK2). But on closer inspection, you’ll notice the raised logo, deep curvy grooves, controls on the soundbar, and the taller subwoofer. After plugging in the HDMI and power cords, the subwoofer quickly pairs with the bar and doesn’t keep on disengaging, a bug that was an issue on the 2019 model. The remote is also new and improved, with three bass settings (Low, Mid, and High).
It also sounds better. There has been an improvement on the audio output. Definitely more ‘crisp and clear’.
As someone with a bit of experience with musical instruments, I can confidently say that the sound quality of this soundbar is simply amazing. We tested it with Lionel Richie’s – “Endless Love ft. Shania Twain”, with its sliding bass notes, and the audio was perfect. The mids and highs were clear, and the lows were solid. Even at low volumes, the bass notes were still quite audible.
I’d recommend this for anyone looking to upgrade their audio experience from the standard TV sound. Of course, it sounds great for watching movies, listening to music, or following your favorite podcasts. The bass will also be a good appeal for gamers.
The JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 Is All About The Bass
The JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 is all about the bass – and the 6.5″ wireless subwoofer delivers. Instead of the thumping bass, I expected, this sound system is surprisingly refined and well-defined. It has three bass settings – low, medium, and high – and I found that the mid setting works best for me.
This soundbar won’t give you the same immersive surround-sound experience as a cinema. However, it has a fairly considerable max volume and reproduces every thud, bang, and thump with perfect clarity. It is not that good with dialogues, but it’s a considerable improvement from the TV audio. Considering it’s price and deep bass, I’d like to think that that compensates for the limited sound range of the small drivers.
If you’re looking for a sound system with great bass, the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 is one to consider. It won’t give you the same experience as a theater, but it’s still great for watching movies and listening to music.
JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 General Build & Technical Specs
The newly designed 2023 JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 is a 2.1-channel system that provides an immersive sound experience. It includes a soundbar, a subwoofer, and a simple remote control. The soundbar is 38 x 2.2 x 3.4 inches, and the subwoofer has an 8.9 x 8.9 x 14.6 inches enclosure. With 300 watts of power, it has two 50-watt outputs from the central unit and 200 watts from the subwoofer.
This system has Bluetooth 4.2, USB playback support, and Dolby Digital content. The inputs/outputs include a power connector, an optical input, a USB port, and two v1.4 HDMI ports. The soundbar consists of two 2.25-inch race-track drivers and a single 1-inch tweeter, while the bass is provided by a separately enclosed wireless 6.5-inch, down-firing subwoofer.
The soundbar differs from the earlier 2019 JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass (MK2) and the JBL standard Bar 2.1, offering a new subwoofer and a more straightforward remote control. The USB playback feature may only be available to US models, so check before purchasing. With its powerful sound, sleek design, and easy setup, the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass MK2 is sure to provide an enjoyable and immersive audio experience.
Connecting to your TV with just one optical or HDMI cable or streaming music from your phone with built-in Bluetooth—the JBL Sound Bar and Subwoofer make it simple. Dolby Digital and JBL Surround Sound bring a real cinematic experience to your home, making whatever you watch and listen to more thrilling and powerful.
The Sound Bar and Subwoofer connect wirelessly when you switch on the unit, which is excellent as you can place the wireless subwoofer anywhere and start up whenever you turn on the soundbar. Of course, both have to be plugged into power 😉
Also, the bug was on the 2019 model, which caused it to keep on going on standby after watching after a while, or if you paused the movie/music, seems to have been solved. The optical output is also fairly improved, guaranteeing better sound quality.
JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Specifications
- Total rated power: 300 watts
- Soundbar dimensions: 96.5 x 5.8 x 8.5 centimeters (38 x 2.28 x 3.35-inches)
- Soundbar speakers: Four 5.7-millimeter (2.25-inch) race-track drivers and two 2.5-centimeter (1-inch) tweeters
- Soundbar power: 2 x 50 watts
- Subwoofer dimensions: 22.6 x 22.6 x 37 centimeters (8.9 x 8.9 x 14.6-inches)
- Subwoofer speaker: 6.5-inch down-firing
- Subwoofer power: 200 watts
- Inputs: Optical, HDMI, USB, and Bluetooth
- Dolby decoding: Yes
- DTS decoding: No
- Features: Adjustable volume, smart, and bass
- Wi-Fi capable: No
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2
- Frequency Response: 40Hz~20KHz
- Remote: Yes
Verdict: Should you buy it?
The JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass soundbar is sure to give your TV viewing some extra oomph. With its impressive dynamic range and incredible brawn, this soundbar takes the experience to a whole other level. If you’re looking for that theater-like thump without shelling out money for a cinema ticket, the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass is the perfect choice.
- Bring the power: Fill your whole room with sound. An impressive 300W of total system power puts you in control. Your movies and music have never sounded so good.
- Surround yourself with sound: JBL Surround Sound instantly brings movies, sports and music to life. Upgrade to an immersive sound experience for your TV without any extra wires or speakers.
- All about the bass: Why just listen to the bass when you can experience it? The 6.5'' wireless subwoofer delivers deep, thrilling sound.
- Visit the movies, from your sofa: Get the popcorn ready. Built-in Dolby Digital gives you an authentic cinematic experience in your home.
- Stream it all: Not in the mood for a film? No problem. With the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass, you can also enjoy wireless music streaming via Bluetooth from your mobile or tablet.